Bike To Work Day is the 2nd Thursday of every May…
And WOBO has officially designated May as Bike Month!
We’ve teamed up with our local bike partners including Bike East Bay, Oakland Public Library, Oakland Museum of California, Kaiser and others to offer bike events in Oakland for all ages throughout the month of May. Come celebrate bike month with storytime, crafting, movies, bike rides, happy hours and more!
- Wednesday, May 2nd: Storytimes at Golden Gate Branch Library
- Thursday, May 3rd: Women’s Bike Book Club at Golden Gate Branch Library
- Saturday, May 5th: Bike Tube Jewelry at Main Library
- Sunday, May 6th: Grizzly Peak Century Ride
- Monday, May 7th: Bike Tube Jewelry at Eastmont Branch Library
- Tuesday, May 8th: Make your own Bike Reflector at Golden Gate Branch Library
- Wednesday, May 9th: Bike to School Day Craft at Rockridge Branch Library
- Thursday, May 10th: BIKE TO WORK DAY!
- Saturday, May 12th: Bike Storytimes and Fix-it Clinic at Melrose Branch Library
- Wednesday, May 16th: Bike Tube Jewelry and Scrapers and Smoothies at MLK Jr Branch Library
- Saturday, May 19th: Urban Cycling 101 Classroom Workshop at Main Library
- Saturday, May 19th: East Lake Bike Tour to Malcolm X Jazz Festival
- Sunday, May 20th: Oakland Museum of California Bike Tour
- Tuesday, May 22nd: The Triplets of Belleville movie at Golden Gate Branch Library
- Thursday, May 24th: Women Bike Happy Hour at Telegraph Pub
- Saturday, May 26th: 6th Annual Session Beer Fest at Jack London Square
- Saturday, May 26th: Adult and Teens Learn-to-Ride Class at Rockridge BART
- Saturday, May 26th: Family-Friendly Fix-It Clinic at Diamond Branch Library
- Thursday, May 31st: Bike Theft Prevention Workshop at Kaiser Oakland
- …and more to come!!
Team Bike Challenge
Looking to ride your bike and earn bragging rights among your friends for the miles you rack up? Join team bike challenge, get on or create a team, and start counting the miles you commute to and from work every day.
Bike to Work Day 2018
Bike To Work Day activities are made possible by generous sponsorship from the City of Oakland, and in-kind and volunteer support from small businesses and WOBO members.
2018 Sponsors and bike-friendly friends include: City of Oakland, BART, AC Transit, Caltrans, SPUR, and Amtrak San Joaquin.
Wanna help out in 2018? Are you a business that would like to be part of Bike Month or Bike To Work Day (May 10, 2018)? Let us know here. Visit our Bike to Work Day page for more details about the events.
Cool things happened when we set out to celebrate the “No Pollute Commute.” On May 11, 2017, hundreds of Oakland neighbors rode with the Mayor and City Councilmembers, hit up a nearby Energizer Station, convened at City Hall – Frank Ogawa Plaza for a free pancake breakfast, and rounded out the day with a giant happy hour at Latham Square!
At City Hall, in Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, over 700 bicyclists enjoyed a pancake breakfast, free valet bike parking, free bike safety checks, a raffle with great prizes from local bikes hops and businesses, and a transportation fair to highlight the bike-friendly programs of local agencies and businesses. Nearly 400 people came down to Latham Square for happy hour to mingle with other bicycle enthusiasts, salsa dance and schmooze over a few pints of beer.
We’re thrilled to be bringing you an exciting series of events again this year for Bike to Work Day on May 10, 2018!