Urban Biking Safety Classes presented by our friends at the Bike East Bay, includes information about free bicycle safety classes, family cycling workshops, kids bike rodeos and more.
Bikeways Map of all kinds in Oakland, to all of East Bay, thanks to the City of Oakland’s Bicycle and Pedestrian Facilities Program
Bay Area Bikeways Map from Kuvara Bike Firm
Some of our recommended bicycle rides:
- Shore To Shore: Lake Merritt and Estuary (5.5 miles)
- West Oakland To Alameda Beach (6.7 miles)
- BART To Beverages And Back (7.5 miles)
- Central Oakland Loop (8 miles)
- North Oakland Loop (8.4 miles)
- JLS, Grand Avenue and Broadway Loop (12.5 miles)
- West Oakland BART To MacArthur BART via Bay Bridge (13 miles)
- Street Murals Sightseeing (13.5 miles)
- Broadway Terrace and Piedmont Pines Loop (21 miles)
Installing Bike Racks on public property is easier than you think, and it’s free. Anyone can request a free rack to be placed on City-owned property. Please use the Online Request Form OR contact the Bicycle & Pedestrian Facilities Coordinator (no need to do both):
- Phone: (510) 238-3983
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want a Bike Parking Corral in the street? Here’s how.
WE [BIKE] OAKLAND is a newsletter reporting progress implementing Oakland’s Bicycle Plan produced twice-yearly by OakDOT.