Thursday September 24, 2020
While Bike to Work Day is normally held annually on the second Thursday in May. This year, the COVID-19 pandemic has necessitated its reschedule to late September. On this special day, and week of 9/20 – 9/26, WOBO and bicycling allies encourage people to try out some of Oakland’s new-ish bicycling infrastructure, visit Slow Streets, even ride the BRT’s bike-friendly buses.
How to Join the Fun
We will not be hosting the traditional celebratory fair at City Hall this year. But we have several ways for everyone to experience the joy of moving by bicycle. Check out our plans for Bike To W(herever) Day: Play Bike Bingo and win prizes, share a ride you take during the week on social media (tag us @walkoakbikeoak), or volunteer for one of many tasks.
HERE’S WHERE TO PICK UP YOUR BIKE BAGS SEPT 20-24
- Bike East Bay Office: 466 Water St, Oakland, CA 94607
- Bicycle Coffee: Jack London Square: 364 2nd St. @ Webster, Oakland CA, 94607
- The Crucible: 1260 7th St, Oakland, CA 94607
- Cycles of Change: 1246 23rd ave Oakland Ca, 94606
- Drake’s Dealership: 2325 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612
- Fruitvale BART Bike Station: 3301 E 12th St #141, Oakland, CA 94601
- Hank & Frank Bicycles: 6030 College Avenue, Oakland, CA 94618
- Laurel Cyclery: 3715 MacArthur Blvd, Oakland, CA 94619
- Mudlab: 440 Grand Ave, Oakland, CA 94610
- Oakland Library – 81st St. Branch: 1021 81st Ave, Oakland, CA 94621
- Oakland Library – MLK Branch: 6833 International Blvd, Oakland, CA 94621
- Tip Top Bike Shop: 4800A Telegraph Ave, Oakland, CA 94609
- Uptown BART Bike Station: 1775 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94612
BIKE BINGO WITH US
Cycle around The Town, take pictures of things and places on the card and win a prize! Download the card here and upload your pictures to Twitter or Instagram with the #BTWDBingo hashtag.