The Month of May is Bike Month!
We’ve teamed up with our local bike partners including Bike East Bay, Oakland Public Library, Oakland Museum of California, Kaiser and others to offer bike events in Oakland for all ages throughout the month of May. Come celebrate bike month with storytime, crafting, movies, bike rides, happy hours and more! Visit us regularly as we add to this growing list of activities in Oakland.
(Email us to add your event to this list!)
- Thursday, May 2nd: Screening of California Golde at LuckyDuck Cafe from 7-8pm
- Saturday, May 4th: Urban Cycling 101 (Classroom Edition) at Rockridge Library 1-3pm
- Sunday, May 5th: Grizzly Peak Century Ride
- Thursday, May 9th: Bike to Work Day at Frank Ogawa Plaza, City Hall
- Saturday May 11th: Urban Cycling 101 (Classroom Edition) at Oakland Main Library 1-3pm
- Sunday May 12th: Cyclofemme bike ride with Oakland Public Library at the Bay Bridge – Treasure Island
- Saturday May 18th: Adults & Teens Learn to Ride (on street) near Rockridge BART 10am – 1pm
- Wednesday, May 22nd: I Can Handle That – Fix a Flat workshop for Women and GNC with Binky Brown of Hard Knox Bikes at Spokeland 6-8pm
- Thursday, May 23rd: Women Bike Happy Hour – Mad Oak
- Saturday, May 25th: Bike Storytime (and bike helmet giveaway while they last) at Lakeview Library Branch 10:30am
- Saturday, May 25th: Family Bicycling Rodeo (youth bikes and helmets provided) at 81st Ave Library 1pm
Bike to Work Day 2019
Bike To Work Day activities are made possible by generous sponsorship from the City of Oakland, and in-kind and volunteer support from small businesses and WOBO members.
Wanna help out in 2019? Are you a business that would like to be part of Bike Month or Bike To Work Day (May 9, 2019)? Let us know here. Visit our Bike to Work Day page for more details about the events.