RLAG is our 3-part series women’s bicycling workshop
Walk Oakland Bike Oakland, with support from Bike East Bay, presents RiDE LiKE A GiRL, a 3-part bicycling skills workshop series designed for every woman who wants to ride. Our goal is getting more women comfortable, confident on their bicycles, and feeling more connected with a community of women who want to bike!
In our 2017 Season, we plan to cover these areas:
March 12 – The first workshop focuses on commuting basics, just enough chatting to get the fundamentals and rules of the road etched in our brains; and a 5-mile skill-building confidence-boosting ride to test out some of the basic skills.
- 10am – 1pm @Uptown Bicycle Coffee (1745 San Pablo Ave, Oakland, CA 94612). Come by 9:30am and get a quick visual safety check by our fabulous League Certified Instructor, Kelly.
- First hour of workshop will be a discussion and interactive Q&A
- At around 11, we’ll head outside, try out a few riding skills and visit bike storage options around transit and on the street.
June 11 – this workshop provides tips on choosing the right bike(s), and offers insights from finding the best fit for your riding style to keep you comfortable and happy on two wheels. The workshop will conclude with a 10-12 mile flat-ish ride on the Bay Trail.
- 10am – 1pm @Huckleberry Bicycles Berkeley (2424 Telegraph Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94704)
- We’ll spend some time browsing all the different types of bicycles, step through what each style is best suited for based on your personal style of bicycling.
- Then we bee-line on the best route to the Bay Trail path and back again.
September 9-10 – Our season closer is a bike camping trip to Coyote Hills Regional Park. Thrilling details found here!
Every woman is warmly welcomed at our workshops! Suggested donations of $15 per workshop or $35 for all three accepted here. If you’re already a WOBO member (for $35), it’s on us. Ready to sign up or Join WOBO?!
As a bonus, join us at our monthly (every fourth Thursday of the month) Women Bike Happy Hour. Each month features a different watering hole where we come together off the saddle and chill. Bring your friends!
We thank the following locations which have happily hosted our happy hours in 2016: The Good Hop, Bar Cesar, The Steel Rail, The Half Orange, Woods Tavern, Temescal Brewery and The Lucky Duck. 2017 hosts include: Spice Monkey, Miranda, Drexl and more to come.
For more information regarding Women Bicycling programs across the East Bay, visit BikeEastBay.org/WomenBike.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]