Want a Truly Grand Avenue at Lake Merritt from Broadway to Elwood?
(Updated 7/2023) WOBO and our partners, Bike East Bay and Traffic Violence Rapid Response, need your support to ensure safer crosswalks, safer biking and better transit access for all who live, work, and play on Grand Avenue adjacent to Lake Merritt are implemented. Every year Oaklanders are injured along Grand Avenue by Lake Merritt from dozens of car crashes– this has to stop, we demand a safe Grand now! Sign our petition today.
What We Want:
* The city’s initial Grand Ave redesign from Broadway to Elwood Street: improved pedestrian safety with bulb-outs, refuge islands, and signals.
* Family-friendly 2-way cycle track to extend the existing cycle track on the west side of the lake through to the east end of the lake (columns), and a protected bike lane west-bound as well.
* Improved access to bus service.
* 2-lane roadway, one in each direction.
What you can do:
* Sign our Petition in support of the best designs that do not compromise safety and comfort for those who walk, who bike, and who take Transit.
* Email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer to help with outreach to the business district and neighborhoods
Frequently Asked Questions (coming soon)