Coordinated District Pedal Pools
We all know that riding in a pack is way more fun than riding alone. On the morning of Bike to Work Day, you will be able to meet up with your elected official and ride with district pride down to City Hall for the pancake breakfast.
|Grand Lake Ace Hardware (Abel Guillen and Piedmont City Council)||Start at 7:20 AM|
|Golden Gate Library (Dan Kalb)||Start at 7:10 AM|
|Laurel Cyclery (Mayor Schaaf, Annie Campbell-Washington)||Start at 7:00 AM|
|Fruitvale BART (Noel Gallo)||Start at 7:15 AM|
|81st Ave Library (Desley Brooks, Larry Reid)||Start at 7:00 AM|
|Black Spring Coffee Telegraph and 29th (Rebecca Kaplan, Lynette Gibson-McElhaney)||Start at 7:30 AM|
Pancake Breakfast at City Hall – Frank Ogawa Plaza 7am – 9:30am
It’s tough to start riding on an empty stomach, but knowing that you’ll be biking toward a stack of flapjacks should be enough motivation to get you going in the morning. At City Hall, in Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, hundreds of bicyclists will enjoy:
- A pancake breakfast
- Free Starbucks coffee
- Free valet bike parking by Bike East Bay until 6pm
- Free bike safety checks by LuckyDuck
- A raffle with great prizes from local bike shops and businesses
- A transportation fair to highlight the bike-friendly programs of local agencies and businesses.
Latham Square Happy Hour 5pm – 8pm
WOBO is partnering with Oakland Central to throw a killer block party during happy hour and finishing Bike to Work Day off in style.
We’ll be taking over Latham Square with:
- Free valet bike parking provided by the BikeHub Bike Station
- Live DJ – DJ Lumba Jack
- Salsa dancing under the lights with special appearance by friends from Salsa-By-The-Lake
- Food trucks
- Ale Industries beer and other beverages (for adults and children)
- and a bunch of fun games and activities from our sponsors
PS – WOBO members get their first beverage ticket free. Not a member yet or your 12-month membership expired? Join now!
What Can You Do?
Bike to Work Day is an easy and fun way to get involved with the community and promote biking around the city, and we need help spreading the love! Oh, we also think volunteers deserve a free beverage at happy hour.
Ride Baby, Ride!
Dust off that bike, grease those chains…
…and get it on the street!