POSITION: Campaign & Outreach Fellow
COMPENSATION: 10-20 hours/ week, $400-$800/ month stipend commesurate with time commitment, 6 month commitment preferred
Walk Oakland Bike Oakland (WOBO) is a local bicycle and pedestrian advocacy organization dedicated to making biking and walking in Oakland safe, accessible, easy and fun!
WOBO seeks a dynamic and motivated person who will function as our Campaign & Outreach Fellow. The Fellow will work alongside the Board of Directors and volunteers to broaden WOBO’s outreach and visibility, refine our neighborhood campaign programs, and build our grassroots advocacy base. The Fellow will assist neighborhood groups to implement temporary street murals as part of the City’s Paint the Town pilot program.
This fellowship is an opportunity to help build and strengthen an exciting grassroots organization. You will have the opportunity to help shape the direction of WOBO. The Membership & Outreach Fellow will have important responsibilities, and will support the Board of Directors and WOBO staff members on other tasks as needed.
Responsibilities will include
– Along with neighborhood groups, oversee the implementation of Paint the Town pilot projects.
– Manage the WOBO database (Salesforce)
– Coordinate materials and collateral development and distribution
– Provide assistance coordinating outreach at events
– Develop volunteer management system and coordinate volunteer trainings
– Assess and coordinate volunteer needs for WOBO, working with WOBO Membership & Development Committee
– Develop and coordinate digital communications strategy for WOBO projects, campaigns and appeals
– Perform general administrative duties such as responding to inquiries from members, partners, and vendors; processing mail; and managing supplies and marketing collateral.
– Representing WOBO to members, city staff, and the community at large
– Assist in developing neighborhood campaign strategy, working with the Policy Director
– Interest in advocay and outreach
– Strong track record of coordinating team projects
– Excellent oral communications skills
– Strong multitasking ability required
– Cheerful, friendly, upbeat outlook
– Natural leadership qualities
– Commitment to building a sustainable, equitable, and more livable Oakland
– Evening and weekend availability
– Web/html experience
– Graphics savvy (Adobe Creative Suite)
– Professional and fun writing style
– Familiarity with biking and walking in Oakland
– Experience with Macintosh computers
– Experience with Salesforce
HOW TO APPLY:
E-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org